Sunday, September 28, 2008

Despite what we believe...

 God is in control.
 He makes it clear over and over again in the Bible that we can trust Him, yet we still question Him. I know that I was supposed to go to Africa so I went. Was my life at risk? To our gauge of common sense, yes, but Gods ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not our thoughts. He is perfect. His word says that He will lead us into all truth. So I took Him at his word and followed what I believe is what He wanted me to do and now here I am back home and alive. We must trust the Lord if we want to please Him.
 I trust His heart for me. It is safe to trust the Lord. He leads us beside still water. He restores our soul.

 The trip was amazing and I collected a lot of info. for future trips. I went there with a pretty open mind about what we would be doing and that proved to be the way that we needed to approach it.
 They said that in the past teams have come with there agenda of things that they wanted to do and so they just let them do what they wanted to do.
 Though we shared a lot with them. I feel like the people who where really impacted were us.
 They know scripture so well and live there faith out in such a way that I aspire to.
 I asked questions and  tried to find the heart of what was going on with the different organizations and programs. We witnessed so much that I had to write it down lest I forget.

 This blog sight wouldn't let me blog while I was over there, so I will over this next week try to blog some pieces here and there of events that took place.
 I will say this. God used this trip to smooth out some of my rough edges. 
 He continues to humble me as I learn more about His heart for us. We are not to stand by and watch life happen. I believe that God wants us to engage in life. Life in the church. We must know His word well. "In the begin God was the word",  to know Him I believe we must know His word. 
 I will write to you soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to more posts and hearing about your trip. It's nice to have you back in the States and know you are doing well. Say hi to Kim for me.

~Trisha