Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who are we to think that one person or even a small group of people can make a difference?

  I wrestle with this question and will always wrestle with it.
Who am I that I would make a difference?

 I can sit comfortably in this tension. I love people and they move my heart. So I am paying alot of money to go around the world to see if I make a difference to a person. A person and not to mention a small group of people have made a huge impact on me multiple times, and so we go. There will be nine. Nine of us from all walks of life, going around the world to love people.

 Now something tangible that I would like to see is what kind of produce can be grown in this region of Kenya.
 
 I did a test in a little plot of fill dirt in my back yard with basil.
 I had children plant three rows of basil with little to no help by me.
 It grew and it tastes good. 
 Now it wasn't "organic" soil, but it is what I have available. 

 People in Africa have what they have and so the ? is how can we help them be more sustainable with what they have? We are not looking to recreate the wheel that is already turning. We simply want to add to.

 I leave a week from today and am full of anticipation of the ways we will get to love these people.  This blog space will hopefully be where you can find the process in which I am in, on a semi-regular basis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you bro.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Kyle! I look forward to hearing about your trip and progress.
:)
-mel