Thursday, September 4, 2008

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but...

 I just found out a couple of weeks ago that my heart is not working properly.
The Aortic valve has shut down completely and has calcified. This translates for us laypersons into ' I need a new one'.
 Yes this is a big deal... I am 26... My wife and I are doing better than we ever have... I am finally heading in the direction with my life that I have always wanted to... I see light at the end of the tunnel and now? Now this? This thing that I can't control? This thing that is out of my hands? 
 I am not being dramatic friends. I have been instructed to not get my heart rate up at all.

 I hear some of you responding, 'that isn't fair!'.
 To you I would say this" it isn't you that this is happening to", but if it were what would you do?What do you believe? Where do you stand? 
 
 I am still leaving for Africa in seven days and I trust the One and Only Savior JESUS to take care of me in whatever way  He sees fit.  I am believing for a miracle.

  However, if my heart stops beating now, don't worry about where I am going. I promise He is the way the Truth and the Life and I will be going to a place that He is making ready for me.
 To those of you who know me and to those of you who don't. This is me and where I stand.

 I guess we had better be right about what we believe...

Cheers
Kyle
 

No comments: