Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is so short...

 and we know so little. Time tells the story that we attempt to tell prematurely.
Only God know all things. Only He knows what tomorrow brings and how to bare the burdens that are on my shoulders.
 God is so faithful. Neither death or life can separate us from the love of God.
 Its so funny I always wondered what I would do in this situation of being faced with a potentially life altering decisions. Trust God and what I believe He called me to and to be where He called me to be or trust man.
 I will tell you this. It is not because I am brave that I am deciding to go through with this trip to Africa. 
 I am going through with this trip to Africa because I finally trust Him with my whole life and want nothing if not to please Him. It is not about being a super Christian, it is simply about trusting Him everyday. 
 I need You Jesus more than ever. It hurts. I trust that You God are healing me and setting me free for my good and Your glory.

 We leave tomorrow I will see you all again. God is good. He knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle,

I'm sorry that's it has taken me a while to respond. It is your choice, the decision that you make to go to Africa. I worry about your wife, Kim. What about your duty to your wife, Kim? You are the leader of the family. You need to do everything medically possible to help yourself and keep the committment to her that you made in your vows. God is the one that gave us the wisdom to correct problems like you have. You are not going to fix Africa's problems on this trip, but if you do everything that you can to prolong your life, you will be keeping your vows to Kim and you may be around long enough to make a difference in Africa. Stop thinking about yourself and think about your wife. Besides, you still owe me a haircut. Anyway, I never knew you were such a good writer. Maybe you should take up writing, it isn't too dangerous. May God be with you and do not leave Kim with any regrets. Those left behind are the ones that suffer.....I know. I love you Kyle. Donna

Unknown said...

God is watching over you and with you on your journey. Safe travels!