Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Dr.'s reality...

was discovered. My aortic valve we knew needed replaced. That was never a question. We knew we needed to get it done quick because I was already showing symptoms and we wanted to above all else get it before I  had  an aneurysm which is most often resulting in death (John Ridder just past away because of this).
 Yesterday we discovered that we are to late for this. 
 I have already had the aneurysm. It just didn't tear or burst. 
 So I am literally 'living on a prayer.' (I know you all loved that song)
 I am scheduled to leave in six days to fly around the world and be there for seventeen days. 
 Kimberly is having a hard time with this, understandably.
 The Dr.'s are ready to book me for the open-heart surgery, but Africa...
 I trust in the Lord with all of my heart and lean not on my own undersanding. I choose to acknowledge Him and trust that He will direct my paths.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle, I just want you to know that my prayers are with you. ...and kim as well. take care of yourself.
jules