Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm home...

My torso looks like it's been spattered by a machine gun and sawed open by Jason but I am home.  I feel like I have had my spine hung up on a jack hammer and then drug around behind a Ford pickup but I am home. All in all I am pretty happy; I am alive and got to see a picture of my new valve and if one were window shopping for a valve I think I picked a pretty good one.  I have very little energy but after all I did just go through open heart surgery; we have so much to be thankful for...the sky tonight for instance, the fact that we live in America, we have friends and family, the fact that we don't have to be in pain 99% of the time...We have so much to be thankful for!  Just wanted to let you into my thought process for this past week and I will write again when I have more energy.  God is so faithful and it is by His grace that we receive all the beautiful things we receive.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! It is wonderful that you are home Kyle. We all love you. I know your recovery will be quick. Please follow through on everything they tell you to do. Please call if you or Kim need anything.
Love, Donna

Anonymous said...

Kyle,
Thankful that you are thankful and now healing. God heals so amazingly.
Stay encouraged...still praying for you! George

Matt said...

Wow Guys! Thank you both for keeping us all informed during this intense time. We have been praying and will continue. I have forwarded this on to my family. All our love to you both! Praise God for your strength, faith, and his providence.
You are awesome! Welcome home Brother!!

Anonymous said...

Kyle and Kim, Jeremy and I are thinking of you often. I am so thankful for the updates and successful outcome of the surgery! Wishing you the speediest of recoveries. <3 Michelle