Friday, October 10, 2008

He knit us together...

 Ok, its on!
 I will go under the knife on monday morning. It is a six hour surgery and I won't be watching. God is so faithful. This whole time, I have had so much peace. Peace that I know is from God.
 They will be sawing me open and I will be on bypass, fully living at the hand of machines. Machines will be this bodies heart beat and breathing devices. 
 Are these bodies all there is to this life? 
 If so than I quit. 
 
There is so much more!
 
 At seven a.m. on monday morning the anesthesiologist will come in smile and say "ok you will just feel a small poke and then I want you to count backwards from ten", I think it would be funny to tell them that I can't count, right after the 'poke'.
 Then we pray. Six hours later, the surgery should be done and I will be wired back together.
 At that point I will still have breathing tubes and all kinds of other tubes coming out of me and for the next 12 hours or so they slowly remove the tubes. 
 I will be closely monitored in the ICU for two days and then I will go rock climbing, oh wait.
 Then I will remain in the hospital for up to a week. 
 In this surgery they separate quite a few of the muscles in my chest area that will make everything hard and painful for about two months, breathing, adjusting my position while laying down, even the small movements we take for granted.
 Then here is where the pain comes in.
 I will need to do very little in the six weeks following.
 If there is one thing that I am not a fan of, it is doing very little, as some of you who know me may know.
  This is my belief. I know that God knows what He is doing. I know that God is not nervous about His plans that He has for us. I know that He knows the plans that He has for us and that He loves us and wants us to trust Him. 
 God this is what I know. I know that You are God and I am not. I know that you are in control. I know that You are good and sovereign. I know that there is more real joy and peace in following you then there is doing or being anywhere else in the world.
 I trust you Living God. I know that you have good things for us. I am not leaning on my own understanding . So here is me acknowledging you. I love you father and into your hands I place myself.

 

3 comments:

Larry said...

Kyle, Neat testimony to your faith in God. He is good all the time. We are praying.

Larry Shead

Larry said...

Kyle,

An excellent testimony to your faith in God. He is good all the time. We are praying.

Larry Shead

Anonymous said...

Kyle, We will be praying for you and Kimberly and your families. We love you and miss you. The King Family