Thursday, November 20, 2008

Its clear to me...

 that we as people who are trying to figure out the why's and the what's that this life throws at us, just need grace. Grace from God, grace from family and friends, grace to just be. 
 I look around these days and I see people saying, not with there words but with an unexplainable look in there eyes," I don't have this figured out, I don't know what to do next, I don't have all the answers and I am tired of pretending."
 Maybe you understand what I am talking about others of you are just thinking about me and saying to yourself, thank God that Kyle finally figured out that he doesn't know it all.
 That is not what I am saying, though for the record I don't know it all and I know that quite well.
 What I am saying is. 
 We are all broken. It is clearer and clearer to me each day that I need grace. I screw up. I don't do the right thing. I am not perfect. I am not even sure that I have what it takes to be a good enough person to make due.
 Here is what I know, I know that God is good and more and more I see that He just wants me to trust Him, and what He is doing with me and have grace for myself and others. This has to be enough. It has to, because well, its all that I've got. I trust Him and He has grace for me so I want to have grace for others. I will not  be perfect at this but, who cares. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's becoming clear to me too. I keep wanting to figure out why and when and what and how! and every where I turn God's telling me to relax and just "be". Such an interesting concept. I like how the message puts Luke 12:29-32 - What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.

The part about steeping yourself in God-reality - I really like that. Anyway - thanks for the updates. Give your wife a big hug for me.
Elizabeth