Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What does worship sound like?

 Where does worship happen? When should we worship? What is real worship? Is one kind of worship more pleasing to God then others?
 This morning the snow was falling with delicate, almost planed precision. I was wrapped up in the beauty of it all on my way to get the set list together and "practice" worship at the church when I heard it. The call to really worship. It wasn't like a James Earl Jones voice, quite the contrary. It was small and quiet, almost a flirtatious invitation.
 It was more of a prompting than a voice,( like the day I found out that I needed to get the surgery by being prompted to just walk in to the cardiologist office).
 'You could go and work through all of the set list and worship that way or walk out into the beauty and unfamiliar and I will find you there and you Me!'
 That is not word for word of the invitation that I felt but it is the concept.
 I excepted the invitation and walked through the winter wonderland thanking God for the beauty that He is and allows us to witness. This is true worship. God is calling us away as a Romancer would. He is looking for our hearts to turn to Him and experience the divine. We/I find that we are to busy or hurried to walk with Him and simply worship Him and give Him thanks. Often wanting to give him only the kind of worship we want to make time for.
 Yes, I will still go over the set list and worship through the medium of music for it is one of my favorite ways of worshipping, but I found my heart beating in time with His heart when I excepted the invite to take time to walk alone and in love with God.
 The divine is trying to crack open all of the time if we would just watch. I desire to always except the flirtatious, yet trustworthy invitation to go away with the true Romancer, Jesus, for it is this that sounds like true worship. 
 I find my full delight in Him. Merry christmas, may we give all of the glory, credit and praise to Jesus Christ who truly is the reason for this Holiday and the Savior of the world.

No comments: