Friday, December 5, 2008

The economy...

doesn't rule my life.
Stocks plummet and the economy suffers and on and on. 
 Well you know what, I am thankful. I am thankful for what I have and where I have been. I am thankful the hard times. I am grateful for the hard lessons, however painful. I am so thankful for the family that I have. I am thankful for God's protection. I am thankful for my warm apartment. I am thankful that most of the times that I have been hungry it has been because of my own doing that didn't have food. I am more thankful than I can tell you for my wife, who she is, what she has been through, what we have been through together, the gifts that God has given her and just her as a person. I am so thankful for her. I am thankful for the Godly men that I have and have had in my life who love Jesus and who have helped me understand the way to walk. I am thankful that I was born and live the U.S. of America. Economically we may be struggling but we are allowed to serve God openly and love Jesus with out shame. And of all the things that I am thankful, I am most thankful for Salvation and Jesus on the cross, who then arose from the dead for us. 
 Our story is part of something much larger. We are part of a divine romance and a great battle.  I will be thankful. God is such a loving God and a good Father, He knows what I need before I ask and that is not just a positive message it is true.
 

No comments: